In the City of Lights, there is an almost endless list of things to do. It’s a beautiful, charming, romantic city, and it has stolen my heart time and time again. For the first time visitor to Paris, France, here are some sites you must see:
- Walk through the Jardin de Tuileries and enjoy the luscious gardens, as you make your way up to the Louvre. Then spend all day getting lost in the Louvre, enjoying all the artistic and cultural gems it holds.
- Take a riverboat ride around Le Seine river and gaze upon the architectural beauty of the Cathedrale de Notre-Dame. Then, step back on land, make a visit inside the cathedral, and prepare to be more amazed than when you saw it from outside!
- Go up the Eiffel Tower elevator and look out over all of Paris. After you return to the ground, have a picnic on the Champ de Mars and take in the view of Le Tour Eiffel.
- Stroll down the Champs Elysses and do some fabulous shopping, by window or wallet. Either way, it will be a treat! Be sure to stop by Louis Vitton, United Colors of Benetton, and Cartier.
- Embrace the cafe culture and sit at one of the cities many cafes, sipping espresso and eating a croissant or crepe. For Amelie fans, try Cafe des Deux Moulins, near Moulin Rouge in the Montmartre area.
- Walk along the Seine, taking in all the beauty that Paris has to offer. Be sure to check out the books and art sold by the bouquinistes, a Parisian tradition!
- Grab a baguette to munch on as you climb up to the Sacre-Coeur. On a clear day, you can see a panoramic view of the Paris skyline.
- Eat dinner at the Trocadero restaurant, across the river from the Eiffel Tower. The food is out-of-this-world and the view is unbeatable, as you dine overlooking the nighttime light show on the Tower! Go ahead and order the bottle of wine, because you’re going to want to sit here all night, watching the city’s icon dazzle you with lights every hour.
Are you excited yet? What other spots make you fall in love with Paris?